1. Don’t Skip Breakfast – when you start your day with a healthy breakfast, you’ll be giving your metabolism an important jump start for the day. Eating breakfast is also an excellent way to help ensure that you keep your blood sugar stable. This can help keep you from being tempted to binge on a donut mid-morning.
2. Interval Training – if you haven’t yet heard of interval training, check out this article. When you incorporate short bursts of high intensity exercise into your regular workout routine, you’ll be able to boost your metabolism for fat burning benefits that will last all day.
3. Add Omega-3 fatty acids to your diet – Omega-3s are an important part of helping to regulate your metabolism; make sure your diet includes foods that are rich in omega-3s. Fatty fish, such as mackerel, salmon, and herring are excellent sources of Omega-3s. Other foods high in Omega-3s include seeds, nuts, and sea vegetables, such as nori, kelp, and sea palm.
4. Build Muscle – your body will burn more calories trying to maintain lean muscle than it will fat. This is true even when you aren’t working out. So, if you want to naturally burn more calories, spend some time building those muscles.
5. Sip Green Tea – when you want to boost your metabolism, drink green tea. It has catechin, an antioxidant that is known to help get your metabolism revved up.
6. Eliminate Trans Fats – trans fats slow down your body’s ability to burn fat. Many processed foods contain trans fats.
When you want to burn fat and lose weight fast, it’s essential to keep your metabolism cranked up. With these simple tips, a healthy, low-fat diet and regular exercise, you’ll be on your way to a slim new you.
For more information on how you can boost your metabolism, be sure to see this video.