If you’re not into making some drastic changes right now, use these tweaks to minimize bloating and flatten your tummy. No crazy workouts or dietary restrictions. Just a flat stomach, the natural way.
1. Fix Your Posture – When you focus on good posture, you automatically engage your core muscles which can help flatten and tone your stomach.
2. Keep Hydrated – When you get dehydrated, your body will start to hoard or store water. This can cause you to carry up to 4 extra pounds around your middle. Try to drink at least 8 glasses of water each day.
3. Eat Some H2O – Fruits and vegetables with high water content will help fill you up faster. Of course, they can also contribute to good hydration. Start your meal with a salad or soup.
4. Have Some Almonds – There is actually research that has shown that snacking on nuts leads to a smaller waist circumference. Do you want a flat stomach? Then, grab some nuts. Be sure to choose low salt varieties and remember that a serving of nuts is about a small handful.
5. Enjoy a Cup of Coffee – Caffeinated coffee is a natural diuretic which can help you eliminate excess water that leads to belly bloat.
6. Dairy at Breakfast – If you want a flat stomach, try adding some low fat milk to your cereal in the morning. Diets that contain plenty of calcium rich foods have been linked to a healthier body weight. Additionally, calcium, magnesium, and potassium, all found in dairy products, can help to counteract bloat caused by sodium. This can certainly help you achieve a flat stomach.
7. Take a Seat – Many women feel rushed and they ignore the urge to use the bathroom. This can lead to bloat. Set aside time to go when you need to go.
8. Eat Slowly – Get in the habit of being mindful when you eat. Chew every bite at least 10 times before you swallow. Woofing down your food can lead to gas, bloating, and indigestion.
9. Get Your Probiotics – Probiotics are the good bacteria that help break down the food in your digestive track. These probiotics can help guard against gastrointestinal issues which can prevent you from getting that flat stomach you want. Try to include a probiotic rich food in your diet every day. Good options include kimchi, yogurt, miso, buttermilk or sauerkraut.
10. Walk It Off – Try to fit in a 30 minute walk each day. You’ll boost your metabolism, which, in turn, will help you burn more calories. As you burn these additional calories, you’ll be taking an important step towards getting that flat stomach you’ve been dreaming about.
11. Give Up Your Gum – Chewing gum causes you to swallow more air, which leads to that dreaded puff, according to researchers at the American College of Gastroenterology. If you need a breath freshener, try sucking on a mint.
12. Relax – Stress increases the production of the hormone cortisol, which will attempt to protect your vital organs by sending fat directly to your stomach. Relieve tension by allowing yourself 20 minutes each day to just relax. It’s good for your health, and it can help you get a flat stomach.